The Senior School recently participated in Children’s Mental Health Week by celebrating our uniqueness.
The stigma surrounding mental health is increasingly being reduced by campaigns to raise awareness of the issue and people are becoming comfortable when talking about something which affects so many of us. In fact, 1 in 5 people experience mental health issues at some point in their life.
So what did Runnymede students unique?
- My uncle has a pet pig
- I was run over by a sausage dog
- I came 27th in the robotics world championship
- I broke my nose 9 times
- I had a heart operation aged 3
- I am writing a novel
- I like composing classical music
- I have been to the Spanish golf championships
- I know the name of every Pokemon ever created
And the teachers?
- I built my own golf course
- I was offered a job as a spy
- I know how to ride a unicycle and juggle at the same time
- I performed at the National Theatre in London
- I presented a film at a film festival in the USA
- I am a qualified guide for a natural reserve park in Africa
- I was awarded the Gold Duke Of Edinburgh with Kate Middleton
Read more at https://www.childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk